The eyes are often called the windows to our soul as they reflect our general state of health! They deserve the special attention that is not a luxury but a necessity! Short nights, early wake-up, stress, tiredness are seen under our eyes! Puffy eyes and dark under-eye shadows concern 8 women out of 10 and up to 1 in every 2 men. These are the result of a complex problem, due to a number of physiological mechanisms.
The eye contour is a particularly sensitive zone easily marked by the accumulation of tiredness and age.
Puffiness and Bags:
Bags and puffiness are due to a weakness in our blood and lymphatic capillaries. Poor drainage of the fluid between the cells (interstitial fluid) creates a water and/or lymph accumulation which generates under-eye puffiness. The local oedema will induce inflammation and local distension of tissues to further increase the puffiness. A decrease of skin firmness and the accumulation of fat clusters under the eyes also contribute to the phenomenon.
Dark circles or shadows:
Dark shadows are mainly due to a reduction in the blood microcirculation. The reduction of circulation causes the darker and more visible capillaries. The blood stagnation induces blood leakage from the vessels to the interstitial space. Haemoglobin accumulates and it’s degradation (through oxidation) creates bilirubin. Bilirubin has a characteristic greenish yellow colour and this can be seen under the eyes.
Fighting against the bags and dark under-eye shadows: Various actions can be taken to minimize the bags, puffiness and dark shadows:
- Increase the blood microcirculation
- Increase the lymph drainage
- Strengthen the blood capillaries
- Prevent the degradation of haemoglobin
- Reinforce and protect supporting tissue
- Prevent decrease in skin firmness
Hermoza Eye Bright contains a carefully selection of ingredients to action on one or more of the causes of the formation of bags and shadows. It is the potentiation of action which gives it power to Hermoza Eye Bright.
- Ash bark Extract: The high ash tree (Fraxinus excelsior) is a large tree found in European forests. Its bark contains esculin and fraxin two antioxidants to actively decrease the leakage (permeability) through the blood capillaries. This activity is known as vitamin P activity and confers a veinotonic and vasculo-protective action. As antioxidants they will also fight against the degradation of haemoglobin to reduce the coloration under the eyes.
- Organic silicone: Silicon is also an important building block of the ECM (Extra Cellular Matrix) and the blood arterial walls. It helps reinforce the structure and elasticity of the vessels. Through the restructuring of the fibres of collagen and elastin it provides strength, flexibility and resilience to the connective tissue.
- Vitamin B3: Vitamin B3 is a water-soluble vitamin and groups niacin and nicotinic acid. It is only recently that the beneficial effects for anti-ageing were discovered. Various studies show the ability of Vitamin B3 to stimulate collagen synthesis and to reinforce the barrier function of the skin. It is therefore capable of protection the skin against the damaging effects of UV and also cutaneous hyper-pigmentation. Vitamin B3 helps to maintain and restore the normal blood flow in capillaries via its vascular-protection action.
- Stem Cell Combination: It was only at the end of 2009 that dermal stem cells were discovered. This opens the door to the protection and vitalization of human dermal stem cells for a deep-seated rejuvenation of the skin, which in turn will result in the restoration of the skin’s firmness, as well as wrinkle reduction. After examination of your skin type one or more of the following stem cells can be included in your personalized formula:
- Swiss Apple Stem Cells
- Argan Stem Cells
- Hermoza Peptide3
Visible results: Clinical trials have been conducted by the manufacturers of the active ingredients. The reduction of the volume of the under-eye bag can be seen in the before and after photographs.
Dermatological scoring: The draining action was also evaluated by an experimented dermatologist and a reduction of 11,4% was noted.
Dark shadows reduction: The colour intensity of the dark circles was reduced by 18% and the skin surface was improved by 15%.
Application: Use twice a day on the eye contour area. Avoid contact with eyes.